At Pope Dental, our goal is to provide you with the healthiest and most attractive smile possible through a wide array of services at our Walnut Creek dental office. For some of our patients, that can mean regular cleanings or snoring remedies and for others it may mean that some orthodontic treatment is necessary to straighten the teeth or align the bite and smile. The latter can be a bit of bad news for some adults who dread the idea of wearing braces so much that they might avoid straightening altogether.
Fortunately, there is Invisalign. Unlike classic wire and metal braces, this system uses clear aligners or trays that provide the same results. You may be the only one who knows you are having your teeth straightened, and yet the benefits of this system go far beyond its invisibility.
The Benefits of Choosing Invisalign
When you work with Dr. Scott Pope and the staff at Pope Dental they will let you know immediately if you are a candidate for Invisalign. While some patients can get the straightening desired through the use of veneers or other methods, some may enjoy better outcomes with the Invisalign instead.
As stated, the aligners are nearly invisible to the eye, allowing you the ability to have your teeth straightened without anyone even realizing it. The other benefits include:
- Comfort – Unlike wire and metal braces, the aligners never irritate the lining of your mouth, your tongue or cause you discomfort in any way. They also sit tightly against the teeth, meaning that you will not experience any changes in your speech.
- Convenient – Also unlike classic wire and metal braces, Invisalign trays are taken out each time you eat or drink (up to two hours daily) and allow you to properly clean the teeth and gums, including flossing.
- Custom – Each patient who visits Pope Dental for these aligners enjoys completely customized solutions. The aligners are made from impressions of your mouth and are then computer designed to gently and slowly move your teeth into the perfect positions. There is no guesswork and the outcome of the aligners is entirely predictable.
- Effective – Many patients wonder if Invisalign is the right treatment for their needs. Adjusting your teeth slowly, they can close gaps, align teeth, and straighten crooked teeth. Each patient is examined and assessed beforehand to determine if the aligners are the appropriate solution, and most will see complete results in as little as two years.
What Will This System Do?
If you are still unsure about the use of aligners to correct your teeth, consider that Dr. Pope and his team will use them for patients who suffer with:
- Protruding teeth
- Mild cases of crooked teeth
- Over or under bite
- Crowded teeth
- Widely gapped teeth
- Open and crossbite
Choosing to use the aligners does not just result in a nice looking grin, though, and at Pope Dental, patients can trust their orthodontic treatment to remedy a huge list of much larger problems. Yes, a widely gapped smile may not feel attractive, but correcting it does more than enhance your good looks. It also improves or restores the functionality of your teeth as well.
Patients in the Walnut Creek area can trust Pope Dental to help them decrease the wear and tear on teeth that have abnormal or unhealthy bite patterns, ensure that risks for periodontal disease are greatly reduced, that jaw alignment is healthy, and that the risk of tooth fracture or breakage is reduced all through the use of aligners.
To discover if Invisalign is the ideal solution for you, or to discuss dental needs with Dr. Pope, get in touch with this dentist office today. You can call us directly at 925-939-4989, or use our online form to let us know about your needs. Let today be the day you take steps towards a much healthier smile. For any unanswered questions you might have, read our FAQs page. Be sure to follow aftercare instructions for lifelong results. Read our Invisalign facts for more information.